Company: Republic Services
Location: San Angelo
Posted on: July 12, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: With general direction, this role performs a
variety of routine and non-routine moderately complex billing
functions to ensure the proper preparation of accurate and timely
bills to customers based on service contract terms and also is
responsible for related activities.
- Following standard operating procedures, this role prepares
monthly billing adjustments, obtains required approvals and enters
adjustments into the billing system.
- Researches and resolves routine and non-routine billing
questions and discrepancies. Following standard operating
procedures, determines the appropriate adjustment codes to process
- Reviews invoices for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with
customers or other division staff/management to resolve identified
- May calculate and prepare manual billings for non-routine,
complex billing arrangements.
- May gather and summarize supplemental billing information to
accommodate customer billing requirements.
- Reviews various billing system reports to identify billing
discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate
billing following standard operating procedures.
- Posts cash receipts to customer accounts based on information
from lock box reports and local cash receipt listings. Performs
basic and routine research to resolve differences or unidentified /
- Posts payments as appropriate into the billing system to clear
open obligations, or prepares remittance advices to accompany
payments sent to the lock box or corporate office.
- May accept credit card payment from customers over the phone
and process recurring payments.
- May complete customer set up in company billing system(s).
- May act as a resource for less experienced personnel within the
division or other divisions. This includes answering questions and
providing training and support for others.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Directly related experience in which incumbents have worked
with customers in a billing function in a service based
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of billing transactions
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- A minimum of eighteen months related billing
experience.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, San Angelo , Billing Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , San Angelo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!