Company: Core Civic
Posted on: November 18, 2022
This position has a pay rate of $24.15
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service,
high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better
the public good.We are currently seeking aSafety Managerwho has a
passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional,
secure setting.Come join a team that is dedicated to making an
impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Safety Manager is responsible for promoting and encouraging a
safe and environmentally sound culture. They ensure facility safety
compliance and keeps abreast of relevant health, safety, sanitation
and environmental policies, laws, regulations, and codes. Also they
provide technical guidance to management recommending corrective
action and preventive measures as required.
- Establish and lead programs to evaluate and monitor safety,
health, and environmental practices ensuring compliance with all
applicable company policies, customer contracts, federal, state,
and local regulations/codes. Promote a zero injury/illness safety
- Interface with regulatory agencies, safety committee members,
and facility staff to address concerns and formulate corrective
- Design and conduct safety training for facility staff and
inmates/residents. Ensure staff training and corrective action
follow-ups are completed.
- Monitor contractor safety activities to ensure services are
performed in accordance with company guidelines, regulations and
code to maintain the safety and security of staff,
inmates/residents and facility.
- Lead and ensure completion of job hazard assessments, fire
drills, facility reviews, routine inspections, and safety
- High School diploma, GED certification, or equivalent is
- One year of safety, fire and life safety, health and
environmental, or risk management experience is required.
- Additional education in safety, environmental health,
industrial hygiene, risk management, or other related field may be
substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year
- OSHA 511 certification is preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability and be willing to complete any
required fire/safety training or other additional training.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software
applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: Core Civic, San Angelo , Safety Manager, Executive , Eden, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!