Home Therapy RN - Home Health
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: San Angelo
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Home Therapy RNJob Description San Angelo, Texas Job ID
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The registered professional nurse Home Therapies RN CAP 1 is an
entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program
(CAP). This position is accountable and responsible for the
provision and coordination of clinically competent care including
assessment planning intervention and evaluation for an assigned
group of patients. Assesses and manages patients' response to home
dialysis training and treatment therapy by following prescribed
predetermined protocols and communicates patient related issues to
the physician as needed. As a member of the End Stage Kidney
Disease (ESKD) health care team this position participates in
decision-making teaching leadership functions and quality
improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy procedures standards
of nursing practice state and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor with guidance from the Educator Preceptor or in
collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
* Performs ongoing systematic collection and analysis of dialysis
data for assigned patients and documents in the patient medical
record makes adjustments or modifications to treatment plan as
indicated and notifies Supervisor or physician as needed.
* Assesses collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
* Directs and provides in collaboration with the patient home care
partner direct and ancillary patient care staff all aspects of the
provision of safe and effective delivery of dialysis therapy to
* Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s) and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
* Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
* Serves as a resource for health care team participates in staff
training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
* Ensures correct laboratory collection processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
* Identifies expected outcomes documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
* Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
* Assists in the identification evaluation selection and education
of Home Dialysis candidates and Home Partners.
* Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home Dialysis
candidate's home environment and partner / family readiness and
ability to perform dialysis treatments in the home.
* Trains Home Dialysis patients and / or Home Partners on the safe
effective operation and maintenance of all Home Dialysis equipment
and treatment supplies through an organized and formal Home
Dialysis Training Program.
* Required to complete CAP requirements to advance.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting moving of equipment patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
* This position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over.
* The employee may occasionally be required to move with assistance
machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs. and may lift chemical and
water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
* May be exposed to infectious and contagious
* Rotates coverage with other licensed home therapies staff as
assigned to ensure reliable and adequate coverage.
* Position requires participation in on-call rotation night weekend
holiday or as defined by individual program needs.
* The position may require travel to training sites other
facilities or patient homes.
* May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations including patient's home with the same physical
demands and working conditions as described above.
* Day to day work includes desk work computer work interaction with
patients facility/hospital staff and physicians.
Assigned oversight of LPNs/LVNs RNs Patient Care Technicians and
Home Therapy Care Team Assistants as a Team Leader or designated
Nurse in charge after meeting all the following:
* Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees.
* Must have a minimum of 12 months experience as a RN.
* Successful completion of 3 months experience as a RN in home
peritoneal dialysis and / or hemodialysis.
EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current appropriate state licensure.
* Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
* Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing
experience in the last two years as a RN.
* Minimum of 1-year experience as a Registered Nurse
* Home dialysis therapy experience (preferred).
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, San Angelo , Home Therapy RN - Home Health, Healthcare , San Angelo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!