Mental Health Therapist
Company: Core Civic
Posted on: February 10, 2024
$70,000 - $80,000 / Year
AtCoreCivic, our mental health teams make lasting changes in the
lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the
In our organization, these professionals are placed in the position
ofMental Health Coordinator to plan and provide clinical mental
health services of a non-medical nature in the facility.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a
review of available records and clinical interviews with
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and
modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of
needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health
care record for each person seen.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and
information at all times.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling
theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for
individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and
crisis interventions to address the needs of inmates.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health
Counseling or a degree in a related clinical area.
- Five (5)years of clinical experience which includes two (2)
years in a comparable job position required.
- Must possess appropriate certification or licensing in the
state where practice occurs.
- A valid driver's license is preferred unless required by
contract or applicable statute.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: Core Civic, San Angelo , Mental Health Therapist, Healthcare , Eden, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!