Physician / Family Practice / Texas / Permanent / MD/DO - Family Pract
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: San Angelo
Posted on: October 30, 2018
MD/DO - Family Practice Physician (Locums)
A Safe Oasis to Call Home...
The Community - San Angelo, TX
San Angelo lies in the midst of West Texas ranching country almost in the center of Texas and is home to about 100,000 friendly people. A virtual oasis, San Angelo is home to three lakes, as well as the beautiful Concho River, which runs through the heart of the city. San Angelo was established across the river from historic Fort Concho, a fort that served as headquarters for the 4th and 10th Cavalry and 16th Infantry. The settlement was originally named "Santa Angela " in honor of Carolina Angela de la Garza DeWitt, the deceased wife of the city's founder Bart J. DeWitt, a merchant and businessman. The name was later changed to San Angelo.
Today's San Angelo offers a delightful mixture of arts and culture of West Texas, from a sophisticated symphony that showcases artists such as the Vienna Boys Choir to country and western music, from a civic ballet whose students regularly earn spots at top national dance academies to the folk dances of Mexico. You can enjoy live theater at the state's longest-running theater, Angelo Civic Theatre, and on the Angelo State University campus. The Old Chicken Farm Art Center displays works by visual artists of all media, and the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, a world-class museum that received the prestigious National Museum Service Award, houses continually changing exhibits by artists from Texas and around the world. And there are our other treasures: our artistic alleys, historic murals, internationally acclaimed waterlilies and the pink-hued Concho pearls, found in freshwater mussels unique to this area.
West Texas VA Health Care System
DUTIES (include but not limited to)
- The physician shall follow and meet all WTVAHCS policies, performance measures, rules and regulations.
- The physician is required to be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and to maintain the certification during their work for the WTVAHCS.
- The physician is required to be Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified and to maintain the certification during their work for the WTVAHCS.
- The physician shall function as a full team member of the interdisciplinary team, serving patients at the WTVAHCS, Hobbs, and NM CBOC.
- Provide history, physical examination, diagnosis, and initiation of medical treatment.
- An outpatient progress note must be completed for each episode of care.
- Initiate and facilitate treatment and transfer in emergency situations.
- A discharge summary will be completed when a patient is released from inpatient care. Established criteria will be followed for the completeness and timeliness of the summary.
- Follow-up office visits for existing medical problems and appropriate diagnostic tests and medication adjustments.
- Referral of patients as needed to appropriate specialists, health care facilities, and coordination of home health services.
- Document assessments and plan of care for each patient in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Clinic note completed, documented, and encounter closed in CPRS same day of visit with the patient.
- View alerts to be addressed within 24 hours of receipt and no more than 75 view alerts permitted to be carried over to the following day.
- Participation in the facilities PEER review process, including the external review.
- Provides telemedicine service via Clinical Video conferencing, as needed, to other WTVAHCS primary care setting for cross coverage.
- Act as consultant in clinical practice.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Collaborate and act as a patient advocate.
- Maintain knowledge of new and current clinical methods. QUALIFICATIONS
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must be board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and maintain professional competency.
- Must have and maintain a current license to practice in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must be current (not revoked, suspended, or lapsed in registration), valid, and unrestricted.
- Must have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as certified by the American Heart Association. KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Apply by creating/using an account
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, San Angelo , Physician / Family Practice / Texas / Permanent / MD/DO - Family Pract, Healthcare , San Angelo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!