Psy.D / Psychologist / Texas / Permanent / Clinical Psychologist Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: San Angelo
Posted on: November 6, 2018
A Virtual Oasis in the middle of Texas...
The Community - San Angelo, TX
San Angelo lies in the midst of West Texas ranching country almost in the center of Texas and is home to about 100,000 friendly people. A virtual oasis, San Angelo is home to three lakes, as well as the beautiful Concho River which runs through the heart of the city. San Angelo was established across the river from Historic Fort Concho, a fort that served as headquarters for the 4th and 10th Cavalry and 16th Infantry. The settlement was originally named "Santa Angela " in honor of Carolina Angela de la Garza DeWitt, the deceased wife of the city's founder Bart J. DeWitt, a merchant and businessman. The name was later changed to San Angelo.
Today's San Angelo offers a delightful mixture of arts and culture of West Texas, from a sophisticated symphony that showcases artists such as the Vienna Choir Boys to Country Western, from a Civic Ballet whose students regularly earn spots at top national dance academies to the Folk Dances of Mexico. You can enjoy live theater at the state's longest running theatre, The Angelo Civic Theatre and on the Angelo State University campus. The Old Chicken Farm Art Center displays works by visual artists of all media, and the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, a world-class museum that received the prestigious National Museum Service Award, houses continually changing exhibits by artists from Texas and around the world. And, then there are our other treasures, our artistic alleys, historic murals, internationally acclaimed waterlilies and the Concho Pearls, found in freshwater mussels unique to this area.
Goodfellow Air Force Base
Goodfellow Air Force Base is a non-flying United States Air Force base located in San Angelo, Texas. As part of Air Education & Training Command, Goodfellow's main mission is cryptologic and intelligence training for the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Navy and Marine Corps. Military firefighters are also trained here as part of the 312th Training Squadron. It is the home of the 17th Training Wing. The base is named for World War I aviator First Lieutenant John J. Goodfellow, Jr. San Angelo is a military-friendly town located in Tom Green County in central Texas, 4 hours northwest of San Antonio and 4.5 hours southwest of Dallas. Goodfellow AFB is a joint service base that trains over 9,000 students a year from all services. At any given time, we have over 5,000 Military, 800 Civil Service, which includes NAF and Contracting employees, and 12,000 family members on the installation.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Mental Health Flight meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Mental Health Flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology.
- Clinical/Counseling Psychology. Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies, and psychological testing/psychodiagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders. The following are desirable skills:
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy, and couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress). QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program.
- Must have completed an APA-accredited internship/residency in professional psychology.
- Must have and maintain a current license to practice psychology in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience as a licensed, clinical psychologist.
- Must have and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA). KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Apply by creating/using an account
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, San Angelo , Psy.D / Psychologist / Texas / Permanent / Clinical Psychologist Job, Healthcare , San Angelo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!