Assistant Shift Supervisor
Company: Core Civic
Posted on: February 10, 2024
$24.84 / per hour
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service,
high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better
the public good.We are currently seeking an Assistant Shift
Supervisory who has a passion for providing the highest quality
care in an institutional, secure setting.Come join a team that is
dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we
The Assistant Shift Supervisor supports the supervision of the
administrative and operational security activities in a
correctional/detention facility. This role will directly supervise
officers assigned to the shift and may serve as acting Shift
Supervisor in their absence. In addition they will direct officers
in performing their duties related to the supervision of
inmates/residents and the protection and preservation of their
legal rights. The Assistant Shift Supervisor conducts regular
inspections of all security-related and control-related functions.
Must be able to work any post assignment on any shift.
- Directly supervise assigned security staff on the shift and
evaluate the performance of subordinate staff.
- Demonstrate and provide guidance to staff on adherence safety
and security practices and post orders.
- Interpret, enforce and comply with rules, regulations,
policies, procedures, and contract requirements.
- Attend meetings to enhance effective communications between
management, staff and inmates/residents.
- Assist in streamlining communications and maintaining
consistency of operation between shifts.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Three years of experience in a criminal justice field is
- One year of corrections experience, including the care and
custody of inmates/offenders is required.
- One year of experience in a supervisory capacity is
- Additional education in criminal justice or a related field may
be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
up to two years.
- No substitution for the required corrections experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software
applications is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: Core Civic, San Angelo , Assistant Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Eden, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!