Inspire a vision of excellence Ensure a great
Shannon Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass
Health, is an upcoming 40-bed, freestanding inpatient
rehabilitation hospital in San Angelo, Texas. We plan to start
providing patient care in the new hospital beginning spring 2021
and are looking to build the senior leadership team in the coming
Our new hospital is currently under construction and will be
located on over 7 acres along the north side of the Appaloosa Trail
west of the intersection with Farm-to-Market Road 2288 in San
BE THE CONNECTION. In your role as director oftherapy
operations, you’ll have an extraordinary opportunity to be the
connectionbetween confident leadership and patient outcomes that
set the standard.Maximize your impressive healthcare background,
strong management abilities andrelationship-building capacity to
guide a passionate, talented team thatdelivers the exceptional care
essential to a lasting recovery. Make a moremeaningful professional
impact with national post-acute care leader EncompassHealth.
WhatMakes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being partof something
special: A team that is passionate about making an impact
onpatients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting,
Encompass Healthoffers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside
patients on their road torecovery from stroke, spinal cord
injuries, neurological disorders, jointreplacements, multiple
trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you helppatients
achieve goals and regain independence, you can form
significantrelationships with them and celebrate the successes they
experience along theway.
Our culture of compassion and collaborationis founded on more
than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressedin the
values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to
keeplearning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a
better way tocare. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something
decidedly different and moresatisfying: A career that is
challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join
ateam that is committed to setting the standard for better
healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
DIRECTOR OF THERAPY OPERATIONS Shannon Rehabilitation Hospital,
an affiliate of Encompass Health San Angelo, TX
Here is youropportunity to channel the full extent of your
knowledge, skills, ambition, andexperience on a daily basis.
Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Organize, develop, direct and superviseall aspects of therapy
operations, including inpatient and outpatient therapyas well as
• Take responsibility for the operationof the department and be
the motivational leader for staff to continuallyimprove
• Develop special clinical programs toprovide the highest
quality of care possible.
• Ensure that staffing and schedulingprovide adequate coverage
for patient treatments.
• Represent Therapy Operations inhospital meetings and
participate as a key member of hospital leadership.
• Prepare and monitor financial andbudgeting concerns for all
• Provide clinical direction for evaluation,assessment, care
planning and treatment of a wide variety of clinicaldiagnoses.
• Promote and maintain an inclusive,diverse work environment and
Credentials: • Current state licensure in
physicaltherapy, occupational therapy or speech-language pathology
• CPR certification preferred unlessotherwise required by
• Successful completion of a bachelor’sdegree or higher from an
accredited therapy program essential.
• Additional training with a master’s or doctor’sdegree in
either a professional or management area preferred.
• Five or more years of rehabilitationexperience, including two
or more years in management required.
• Effective management and communicationskills essential.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day
• Benefits that begin when you do. • Affordable medical, dental
and vision plansprovided to meet the needs of full and part-time
employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases withtenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuingeducation
• Company-matching 401(k) and employeestock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts. About
Us: Helping patients regain hope andindependence, Encompass
Health is a national leader in post-acute care. Weoperate
rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in
36states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we
are driven byour core values: We proudly set the standard, lead
with empathy, do what’sright, focus on the positive, and remain
Realize the powerful difference you can make.Take this
opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, pleasevisit us online at
Connect with us: https://www.facebook.com/EncompassCareers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 6102 Appaloosa Trail, San Angelo 76901
Job ID: 2020372
Contact Name - External: Caroline Mears
Contact Email - External: Caroline.Mears@encompasshealth.com