Job Description - Business Development Director - San Angelo, TX
Business Development Director - San Angelo, TX ( 2020374 )
Shannon Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass
ShannonRehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass
Health, is an upcoming40-bed, freestanding inpatient rehabilitation
hospital in San Angelo, Texas. Weplan to start providing patient
care in the new hospital beginning spring 2021and are looking to
build the senior leadership team in the coming months.
Our new hospital is currently under construction and will
belocated on over 7 acres along the north side of the Appaloosa
Trail west of theintersection with Farm-to-Market Road 2288 in San
The Business Development Director is responsible for
hospitalinpatient and outpatient census through the design and
implementation ofreferral programs and customer service strategies.
Oversees inpatient admissionprocess. Manages, trains and develops
hospital-wide Business Development Team.Serves in a Senior
The Business Development Director is responsible to help create
an environmentand culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its
mission by meeting orexceeding its goals, conveying the hospital
mission to all staff, holding staffaccountable for performance,
motivating staff to improve performance and beingresponsible for
the operation of the department, measurement, assessment
andcontinuous improvement of the department's performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that
the delivery ofquality, equitable and culturally competent
patient-centered care is provided;promoting and maintaining an
inclusive work environment and culture that isrespectful and
accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity
andsensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an
on-going basisto meet the needs of the patient population served in
Job Code: 100146
License or Certification:
- Drivers license and acceptable driving record according to
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or
nurse liaison in a healthcare environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area preferred.
- Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales
and marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment
- Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of
local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 40 pounds.
Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing,
and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a
disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training
requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training
purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at the Home
Office in Birmingham, AL.