The Mechanic 3 performs maintenance on all company equipment and
provides guidance and oversight to entry level or less experienced
mechanics. The individual in this job role knows and follows
required processing of paperwork and computer applications and is
able to perform all shop duties. Skills are typically acquired by
completion of the competency requirements.
- Perform and complete all Essential Functions required of Entry
- Level 3 Mechanic positions.
- Assist with equipment function checks at the facility.
- Troubleshoots and Diagnoses failed equipment to include:
Engine, Electrical, HVAC, Suspension, Transmission, Brake,
Communication, Hydraulic and Assist with equipment function checks
at the facility.
- Performs complex repairs on equipment.
- Oversees maintenance on all equipment as needed.
- Perform certification and inspection, keeping in compliance
with DOT regulations.
- Plans and executes Maintenance Programs.
- Inspect and approve completed repairs.
- Creates Maintenance Orders in SAP or SAP Fiori system.
- Mentor and coach entry and lower level mechanics during
- Coordinates and Facilitates HSE meetings and trainings; Report
unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately.
- Perform all duties in compliance with Customer and Company
policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
- Actively participates in safety meetings to identify and
address risks and hazards.
- Utilizes competency Processes to enhance job performance.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Lead and present during meetings with regional team, as well as
to Operations and District Managers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment
including but not limited to engine, electrical, HVAC, suspension,
transmission, brake, diagnostic, communication, hydraulic, and
Knowledge of applicable DOT regulations.
Ability to supervise and oversee maintenance on all
Ability to Mentor and Coach.
Ability to facilitate HSW meetings and trainings.
Experience in Creating SAP Maintenance order utilizing SAP Net
Weaver or SAP Fiori.
Knowledge of process for reviewing, recording, and retaining
proper maintenance records.
Ability to coordinate corrective maintenance or equipment and
Experience in the inspections of completed repairs prior to
returning into production.
Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that one
can understand verbal and written instructions as well as give
verbal and written instructions in English.
Ability to use simple mathematical calculations.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Job Function Mechanical
- Pay Type Hourly