Staff New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: San Angelo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Ethicon Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of
Companies, is recruiting for a Staff New Product Introduction (NPI)
Engineer located in San Angelo, TX
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices
Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more
than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing
surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing
dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our
commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care
issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical
technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy
devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious
medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver
innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information,
The Staff Engineer plans, conducts and directs engineering
projects including new product introduction (NPI) applying
comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and
practices within broad assignment areas within a highly automated
suture manufacturing process.
Provide subject matter expertise and platform ownership on
multiple equipment types and technologies, as well as leading plant
NPIs. Leads cross-functional teams and serves on company task
- Plans, conducts and directs engineering projects or studies
including complete projects requiring advanced knowledge of a
- Applies comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering
principles and practices within broad assignment areas.
- May coordinate and direct activities of technical support staff
(salary and wage) and is responsible for technical development of
- Track and trend data, identify and implement process
improvements to improve business measures.
- Investigate product inquiries, develop and implement
appropriate corrective actions
- Plans discovery and development programs and originates,
designs and directs investigations in relevant areas of
- Analyzes data and complex situations involving the evaluation
of tangible and identifiable variables to arrive at creative and
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques
and evaluation criteria for obtaining business results.
- May provide guidance and work direction to lower level
- Comply with all applicable quality management system,
environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (for
example, ISO 13485, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001). This includes, but is
not limited to, validation documents, NCR/CAPA/Internal audit
investigations, Validation Master Plan (VMP) activities and any
other applicable quality system task.
- Performs other duties assigned by manager as needed.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Engineering discipline - with experience or
equivalent knowledge and skills to perform the position
- P.E. License desirable.
- Hands on experience with high-speed automation assembly
- Experience/knowledge in the maintenance and reliability of
automated equipment is preferred
- The ability to collaborate with associates at all levels of the
organization in a multi-functional environment required.
- Must demonstrate a mastery of the analytical skills and
professional judgment required to resolve major technical
- Knowledge of FDA, ISO and GMP regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of quality systems (e.g. CAPA, Non-Conformance
reporting) is required.
- Ability to make effective management-level presentations and
write formal reports dealing with technical and business
implications is required.
- Previous experience supporting / leading new product
introductions in medical device and/or pharma required.
- Medical device or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Ethylene oxide sterilization knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge of operational equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Experience with high-speed automation / assembly equipment
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools (e.g. Minitab)
- Knowledge of BSI (European) regulatory requirements
- Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
United States-Texas-San Angelo-3348 Pulliam Street
Ethicon Inc. (6045)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, San Angelo , Staff New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer, Other , San Angelo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!