Company: Chenega MIOS
Location: san angelo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Russian Linguist will provide translation services in a
variety of forms and provide cryptologic language training to
military and civilian personnel. The Russian Linguist will work
with the prime Project Manager and Language and Training Content
Manager to develop and integrate language training materials,
technologies, and methods into existing training programs.
- Provide translation and language related services in a variety
of forms, including but not limited to transcripts, gists, reports,
oral recordings, posters, and signs.
- Provide global language, cryptologic language, and cultural
training to military forces and civilian personnel via traditional
classroom instruction, written materials, technology-based
instruction, distributed learning services, and OJT.
- Develop new global and cryptologic training materials,
curriculum, and courseware for approval by US government.
- Work with the Language and Training Content Manager and
customers and research and integrate new language training
technologies, software, and methodologies into customers existing
- Track student progression and report effectiveness of training
to Language and Training Content Manager.
- Integrate new Defense Language Institute Foreign Language
Center (DLIFLC) curriculum and materials in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school or GED degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in producing translation and language
- 1+ years of experience providing language or related
- Must have an active TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree desired.
- Military cryptologic language instructor experience
- Write and speak target language in clear and concise grammar
- Ability to produce idiomatic translations of non-technical
material using correct syntax and expression from English to target
language and vice versa.
- Ability to conduct consecutive, accurate
translations/interpretations of on-going
- Ability to effectively train others in global language,
cryptologic language, and culture.
- Ability to travel.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled
office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme
cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification
Keywords: Chenega MIOS, San Angelo , Russian Linguist, Other , san angelo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!