Store Seasonal Team Member
Company: Academy Sports & Outdoors, Inc.
Location: San Angelo
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you
will be required to also create a candidate home account with
Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate
contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have
included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace
environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier
for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. The Seasonal Team
Member spends time throughout the store during their tenure - it's
a great opportunity to develop your retail experience. From
assisting customers in our footwear department to ensuring a fast
and friendly checkout experience, the Seasonal Team Member supports
Academy stores at the busiest time of the year. Through this
important work, the Seasonal Team Member impacts customer service,
profitability, and Academy's Purpose.
The application process will require completion of a video
introduction through the HireVue Digital Assessment that will allow
you to share more than what is presented on your resume or
application. We want to give you the opportunity to express your
passion for sports and outdoors, and helping our customers. Follow
these steps to complete your application:
Complete online application, you will receive an email from
Academy confirming submission.
- Upon completion of your online application, HireVue will send
you an email with a link and instructions to complete the HireVue
Digital Assessment. Click HERE to opt in to receive the assessment
invite via text message. Message and data rates may apply.
Should your background and experience align with the
qualifications for the position, you may be contacted by a member
of store leadership.
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred
Work Experiences: Previous related work experience preferred
- Ability to learn and adapt to wide-ranging processes and
- Excellent and engaging customer service through effective
listening and speaking
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations, and
comprehend instructions through proficient use of reading and
- Proficient in operating Computer (handheld or desktop), POS
equipment and telephone
- Ability to learn and recall working knowledge of Academy's
products and services to analyze customer needs and provide
- Provides consistent, prompt and friendly customer service in a
variety of functions such as Merchandising, Receiving, Cashier, and
- Cashier duties may include, but are not limited to
- Operate cash register for all transaction types including
returns, credit applications, hunting and fishing licenses and
- Zones merchandise and maintains merchandising guidelines; sets,
stocks and maintains front end impulse racks and POGs.
Perform housekeeping duties including, but not limited to,
sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up trash, emptying trash,
stocking supplies and gathering shopping carts from parking
- Receiving or Logistics duties may include, but are not limited
- Unload merchandise from trucks and prepare return loads using
receiving equipment or tools.
- Sorts and processes merchandise prior to placement on the sales
- Places merchandise on racks or shelves.
- Verify conditions, style, SKU, PO #, quantity and serial
numbers by packing list.
Pack merchandise, prepare labels and complete required paperwork
and data entry.
- Merchandising or Sales duties may include, but are not limited
- Drive customer service through the integrity of merchandising
and accuracy of store pricing and signage.
- Execute planogram, pricing and signage as part of weekly
Merchandising and Marketing plans to provide exceptional customer
- Zone merchandise and maintain merchandising guidelines; stocks
impulse racks; sets and maintains impulse/front end POGS.
- Re-work apparel area and cover fitting rooms to ensure store
conditions are meeting or exceeding expectations.
Drive sales through exceptional customer service skills, sales
techniques and store knowledge to connect customers to the right
size, product location or product.
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules
governing professional staff behavior
- Reads, understands and follows company policies, procedures and
- Duties may change and team member may be required to perform
other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including nights,
weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Constantly stand, walk, reach, handle, use repetitive motions
(hand/wrist/fingers) and feel; frequently required to stoop,
crouch, use fingers, grasp, push and pull; occasionally required to
- Constantly lift up to 20 pounds; frequently lift 21 to 40
pounds and occasionally lift 41 to 60 pounds
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices
on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
category protected by law.
Keywords: Academy Sports & Outdoors, Inc., San Angelo , Store Seasonal Team Member, Other , San Angelo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!