Recreation Coordinator - Eden
Posted on: November 12, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Recreation Coordinator who
has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional security setting. Who We Are: CoreCivic is the
leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and
detention management services, providing effective programs that
enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after
release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70
security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are
driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care! The Recreation Coordinator
assists in the planning and supervision of the recreational program
for the facility. - They coordinate and supervise daily
recreational and leisure activities, to include but not limited to,
athletic games, print shop, craft shop or other hobby programs for
- Assist in the supervision of the overall recreational program
for the facility, to include supervising inmates/residents in
support of the facility security plan.
- Coordinate and supervise daily recreational and leisure
activities in accordance with building schedule, to include but not
limited to, athletic games, print shop, craft shop or other hobby
- Maintain and conduct physical inventories of supplies, tools
and equipment to avoid waste, loss and damage. -
- Order replacement items in a timely manner, within the
guidelines of facility purchasing procedures. Arrange for the
proper equipment and facilities to be available in designated areas
of the facility as required. -
- Maintain and monitor the safety and sanitation of recreational
- Prepare and disseminate reports, including safety and accident
reports, statistical reports, and other documents as required by
policy; takes appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual
incidents and emergencies.Qualifications: -
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Sixty (60) credit hours of college coursework in Recreational
Management, Kinesiology, Physical Education or an acceptable
related field is required.
- One year of experience in the supervision of recreation or
leisure activities is required.
- Acceptable related recreation experience may be substituted for
the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise a recreation program and
communicate clearly with participants and staff.
- Experience with custody and control of inmates/residents
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: CoreCivic, San Angelo , Recreation Coordinator - Eden, Other , Eden, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!