Senior Detention Officer
Company: Core Civic
Posted on: February 10, 2024
$22.71 / per hour
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service,
high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better
the public good.We are currently seeking aSenior Detention
Officerwho has a passion for providing the highest quality care in
an institutional, secure setting.Come join a team that is dedicated
to making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Senior Detention Officer assists in the supervision of the
administrative and operational security activities in a detention
facility. Directly supervises Detention Officers assigned to the
shift. Provides for the protection of each inmate/resident and the
preservation of each inmate's/resident's legal rights. Supervises
the count of inmates/residents and directs adherence to all key
control procedures. Must be able to work any post assignment on any
- Provide general supervision of Detention Officers and
inmates/residents on the shift in the performance of their duties
and evaluate as prescribed by the facility and corporate
- Conduct inspections of all housing and general use areas to
ensure that proper standards, facility operating procedures and
corporate guidelines of security, health, safety, sanitation and
welfare are maintained; direct staff and inmate/resident resources
to correct problems detected.
- Assist in supervising the internal and external security of the
facility; routinely inspect posts to observe alertness of personnel
and to confirm security is properly maintained at all times.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Three years experience in a criminal justice field, which
preferably includes one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Additional education may be substituted on a year-for-year
- Completion of basic pre-service officer training and, where
applicable, be a non-commissioned security officer licensed by the
state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: Core Civic, San Angelo , Senior Detention Officer, Other , Eden, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!