Field Service Technician
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: September 18, 2019
LOOKING FOR DIRECT HIRE? Our customer is looking for Field Service
Technicians with 3-5 years of engine and compressor maintenance
Call today for immediate consideration 432 689 9801
- Responsible for performing skilled tasks including all levels
of field maintenance, troubleshooting, direct repairs, overhauls
and scheduled preventative maintenance on company rental compressor
pages, as directed by supervisory personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance, troubleshooting,
and direct repairs to all lines of Company-owned compressor rental
packages. Diagnose problems and make recommendations for repairs.
Make critical and timely engine, compressor and system
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of compressor package
system shutdowns, and failures, including but not limited to
reciprocating compressor, driver (reciprocating and electronic
motor), controls, cooling systems, control valves, etc.
- Order maintenance and repair parts as needed /
- Properly set units and perform start-up procedures on
- Ensure field equipment is operating under current emissions
- Complete necessary paperwork for oil samples and submit for
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and maintain
good customer relations.
- Must be able and willing to work alone, work overtime, schedule
work as needed, and be on-call.
- Required to complete Company service reports and other routine
service paperwork as directed in a timely manner.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company
policies of company
- Ensure that correct levels of approval are sought prior to
committing the Company to expenditures.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level while
maintaining commitment to customer service and professional working
relationship with customer and co-workers.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned by supervisors
within the physical constraints of the job.
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and react to the needs of
the company and customer as required.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work alone or
within a team
- Must be a self-started, capable of working independently, and
planning daily, weekly, and monthly activities to meet service
requirements and customer commitments.
- Must be willing to work unusual hours.
- Must have basic hand tools, as required by the company.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be dependable, self-directed and a team player with a
positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Proficient in engine and compressor maintenance.
- Basic understanding of surface production equipment.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of high speed and low speed
- Must have proven mechanical aptitude. Mist be willing to listen
to instructions and work as directed.
- Through understanding of reference materials.
- Ability to learn and retain information related to engine,
compressor mechanics, and basics of gas compression.
- Must have troubleshooting skills that seldom required
- Should be able to diagnose general electronic control
- Must be able to operator all types of diagnostic tools
- Must be willing to drive to remote field locations and to
maintain an acceptable driving record in line with company
- Must have professional appearance and good people
- Must have good written and verbal communications
- Basic computer skills and ability to be proficient in using
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of most equipment in rental fleet.
- Understanding of lean burn technology and
- Familiar with accessible electronics and system software based
- 3-5 years engine and compressor maintenance
- Caterpillar, Waukesha, Ariel, Dresser, Gemini/GE, advanced OEM
schooling and certification a plus.
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and / or
carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Working with multitasks, working with deadlines and completing
- Valid Driver's License
Why Kelly--?As a worker today, its up to you to take charge of your
career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your
you find whats next is what were all about. We know whats going on
in the evolving world of workjust ask the nearly 500,000 people we
each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance,
and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have
never imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about
whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach
their full potential. In fact, were a
leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because
we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth
opportunities that enable
a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety
of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, San Angelo , Field Service Technician, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!